Best legendary commanders are the strongest of all in Rise of Kingdoms. Typically they aren’t available in beginning of the game and requires some farming in order to unlock. Some of these legendary commanders can be unlocked by doing Expedition Mode.
And for some more rare legendary commanders, you can only get the commander sculptures by doing events such as Wheel of the Fortune, the Card King, and sometimes by being in the top 100 ranking in major events such as the Past Glory, Lohar’s Trial, and Karauk Ceremony.
Don’t worry, as a free-to-play player you can get these legendary commanders quite easy through determination and commitment. In this guide, I am going to share top 5 best legendary commanders to power level right now in Rise of Kingdoms. They are the best of all.
Stick around with us to learn more about each best legendary commander that we recommend to maximize your roster and combat effectiveness.
Which Troops to Use for Legendary Commanders?
Because the legendary commanders come with diversified backgrounds, some of them will be able to command mixed armies effectively, while will only lead highly specialized troops. Whenever you are commanding legendary commanders, we recommend you to match their specializations for best combat performance.
In Rise of Kingdoms, the battle is dynamic. It’s always changing so you need to stay on your toes and make sure you are using the best legendary commanders right now in the game. Stick around to find out which epic commanders we recommend at House of Kingdoms.
Best Legendary Commanders in ROK
One of the best legendary commanders that everyone absolutely should have in their roster is Attila. He is a very powerful commander that comes equipped with quite an impressive debuffs to weaken targets. Pair him with strong cavalry commanders like Cao Cao or Baibars to transform your march into a killing machine. Lastly, Attila capitalizes on increasing march speed which enables him to mobilizes around the battlefield quite quickly.
- Increases normal attack damage and counterattack damage by 30% for 4 seconds.
- Reduces enemy’s attack by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Increases damage by 10% and reduces enemy’s defense by 25% when attacking enemy garrison city.
- Reduces skill damage taken by 15%.
- Increases cavalry march speed by 15%.
- Increases cavalry attack by 40%.
- Has 25% chance to increase all damage done by 100% for the next 2 turns.
- Immune to silence.
- Deals 20% increased damage against enemy targets with less than 50% army strength.
- March speed increased by 50% for 3 seconds after leaving the battle.
Why Attila is the Best Legendary Commander?
- Awesome for killing enemy targets on the battlefield.
- Strong buffs that does a lot of damage.
- Improves troops march speed.
- Immune to silence, which makes him ideal choice to pair with nukers.
- Nice sustained damage that helps him maintain a steady flow of heavy blows.
- Perfect attacker against enemy cities.
Alexander the Great
If you are looking for a good and tough legendary commander that can withstand large attacks. At the same time, you want a legendary commander that is able to provide support to nearby friendly commanders. Then look no further because Alexander the Great is the perfect choice. He can draw in a shield that absorb incoming damage. Nearby friendly armies also get shields to offset incoming damage. In addition to this, Alexander the Great boosts his infantry troops combat potential by increasing overall damage, march speed and defense. Which makes him one of the most flexible commander in Rise of Kingdoms.
Alexander the Great Summary:
- Forms a shield that absorbs 1,200 damage for 4 seconds.
- Forms a shield for nearby friendly army that absorbs 600 damage for 2 seconds.
- Increases damage taken for 3 nearby enemy targets by 30% for 4 seconds.
- Has 10% chance to deal 1,700 damage as well as reducing target’s healing effect by 30%.
- Increases infantry attack and march speed by 30% while on the map.
- Attack increased by 40% while shield is down.
- Defense increased by 30% when shield is up.
Why Alexander the Great is the Best Legendary Commander?
- Amazing at absorbing ton of incoming attacks.
- Balanced defense and attack, making him a great field commander.
- Can dish out serious amount of damage and weaken their healing effectiveness.
- Moves around on the battlefield quite fast thanks to improved march speed.
- Dynamic gameplay that tailors to his advantage, does more damage when shield is down and increases defense when it is up.
We highly recommend Guan Yu for a good number of reasons. He is one of the legendary commanders to possess an incredibly high active skill damage and the ability to hit up to 3 targets. Which makes him quite a feared warrior on the battlefield. Though, Guan Yu also excels at demolishing enemy cities with ease thanks to 15% increased damage. All enemy defenders also deals 30% less damage which helps a lot with surviving major attacks from dedicated garrison commanders like Richard I and Charles Martel. If you are looking for a strong offensive commander to start with, go with Guan Yu.
Guan Yu Summary:
- Deals 2,000 damage with his active skill up to 3 targets in a fan-shaped range.
- Increases damage by 15% when attacking city.
- Reduces enemy’s attack by 30% when attacking city.
- Increases infantry attack by 30% and march speed by 15%.
- Heals for 1,000 health points upon leaving battle.
- Has a 50% chance to deal 1,400 additional damage to current target.
- Increases skill damage by 15% when he gains shield.
Why Guan Yu is the Best Legendary Commander?
- Powerful active skill that wrecks havoc.
- Great for attacking enemy cities.
- Fast marching speed.
- Good self-healing capability.
- Solid sustained damage ability.
- Strong debuff, reduces enemy target’s attack by 30%.
With Yi Seong-Gye in your roster, you will be able to command and control the battlefield in your favorite. Almost nobody wants to face against Yi Seong-Gye due to his lethal active skill which deals incredibly high amount of damage. One of his passive skill increases overall skill damage by an additional 50%. Not just only he is one of the highest damage dealer in Rise of Kingdoms, he also have a very fast rage generation that enables him to fire arrows rapidly. Having Yi Seong-Gye is a fast way to grow in power and dominate your enemies.
Yi Seong-Gye Summary:
- Deals 1,700 damage to 5 targets in circular-shaped area.
- 10% chance to restore 100 rage.
- 10% chance to increase archer attack by 100% for the next 3 seconds.
- Increase attack of garrison troops and watchtower by 5%.
- Increases active skill damage by 50%.
Why Yi Seong-Gye is the Best Commander?
- Very powerful commander, both as defender and offender.
- Can deal insane amount of damage with his active skill thanks to 50% damage increase.
- Rapid rage generation.
- Buffs his archer troops attack by 100%.
- A winning commander.
One of the easiest legendary commanders to get in Rise of Kingdoms is Aethelflaed. She can be obtained by doing Expedition Mode. Aethelflaed is actually a very powerful commander due to the fact that her active skill does ton of damage and hits up to 5 targets. She also is expert in killing barbarians and will help level up your commanders fast thanks to increased experience gain.
Not to forget to mention that her active skill reduces her targets’ combat potential including attack, defense, and health. Which will definitely hurt your targets big time, especially in large battles. We also recommend Aethelflaed because of her ability to work with various troop types. If you lead her with more than 3 troops type then all of the troops do 20% increased damage.
- Hits up to 5 targets in a fan-shaped area damage.
- Skilled barbarian hunter.
- Increases experience gained by 35%
- Increases damage done to barbarians by 35%.
- Increases damage by 20% with 3 or more troop types.
- Reduces enemy targets’ attack, defense and health by 30%.
- Deals extra 20% damage to slowed targets.
Why Aethelflaed is the Best Legendary Commander?
- Best free legendary commander.
- Comes with powerful active skill that hits multiple targets.
- Easy to level up thanks to bonus experience gain.
- Excellent for barbarian farming.
- Very flexible, can work with any troops.
Best Legendary Commanders: Conclusion
That’s all Governors! I hope you find our top best legendary commanders guide for beginners helpful and informative. If you have any questions about these legendary commanders in Rise of Kingdoms, feel free to drop a comment below.
Lastly, if you want to have a smooth and optimal gaming experience. I recommend you to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC. It’s faster, smoother and gives you more flexibility to play your favorite game. You also can read my top reasons why I recommend players to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC.
Until then, happy ruling Governors and stay tuned for more Rise of Kingdoms news and updates at House of Kingdoms!