Best epic commanders usually are available to starting civilizations and can be obtained for free with ease. These epic commanders come with diversified talent tree builds, skill set, and abilities that allows you to customize your own game strategy and preferences.
In this guide, I am going to share the top 6 best epic commanders to power level right now in Rise of Kingdoms. These epic commanders are the best of all due to their superior defense value and combat skill set.
Stick around with us to learn more about each epic commander to maximize your roster for optimal gaming experience.
Which Troops to Use for Epic Commanders?
Because the epic commanders come with diversified backgrounds, some of them will be able to command mixed armies effectively, while will only lead highly specialized troops. Whenever you are commanding epic commanders, we recommend you to match their specializations for best combat performance.
Ideally, you want to use only cavalry troops with cavalry commanders, infantry troops with infantry commanders, and at least 3 types of troops with leadership commanders.
In Rise of Kingdoms, the battle is dynamic. It’s always changing so you need to stay on your toes and make sure you are using the best epic commanders right now in the game. Stick around to find out which epic commanders we recommend at House of Kingdoms.
Best Epic Commanders in ROK
Out of all, Baibars is one of the best epic commanders that you will absolutely love to get started with. You can get him for free if you pick Arabia as your starting civilization. We recommend this commander simply because he is a very fast commander and can dish out massive damage. Plus his active skill slows down up to 5 targets which is quite a big deal, especially for an epic rarity commander. Baibars is the perfect epic commander for any player who wants to be able to play on the offensive with ease.
- Deals 1,000 damage to each target, up to 5 targets and slows them down by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Increases cavalry attack by 20%.
- Reduces enemy garrison attack and defense by 7% when attacking cities.
- Increases march speed by 50% upon leaving the battle for the next 10 seconds.
- Heals himself for 200 health points upon leaving the battle.
Why Baibars is the Best Epic Commander?
- Awesome commander with excellent zone of control.
- Deals ton of damage, up to 5 targets doing 1,000 damage.
- Weakens enemy garrison attack and defense by 7%.
- Nice self-healing capability.
- Gives a flat 20% cavalry attack bonus.
Another stellar epic commander that we highly recommend is Sun Tzu. He is available right at the start of the game if you pick China as your civilization. Sun Tzu specializes in infantry, garrison and skill. But he is an incredibly strong commander once you expertise his active skill. When you max out his active skill, he will deal 1,000 damage up to 5 targets. Not to forget to mention that one of his passive skills increases the damage of active skill by an extra 20%. And to throw something extra on the top, Sun Tzu has an awesome fast rage generation. These upsides make him one of the most formidable epic commanders in Rise of Kingdoms.
Sun Tzu Summary:
- Hits up to 5 targets in a fan-shaped area damage.
- Increases active skill damage by 20%.
- Pairs well with nukers.
- Reduces enemy damage in field battles by 10%.
- Increases Infantry Health by 10%.
Why Sun Tzu is the Best Epic Commander?
- Very tanky.
- Great for nuking.
- Provides extra damage.
- Fast rage generation.
- Awesome support commander.
Joan of Arc
If you are looking for a solid support commander to roll with, then look no further because Joan of Arc is an amazing choice. At first glance, it might seem like she is a weak commander simply because she has the gathering role. But trust me, Joan of Arc is awesome on the battlefield once you get to know her more. Her active skill is actually one of the strongest skills in Rise of Kingdoms. She can buff her own army, but she also can buff other nearby friendly armies. Because her active skill is so unique that it will greatly improve combat effectiveness of nearby friendly armies. Also, if you want to gather resources, Joan of Arc can bring tons of resources without any issues.
Joan of Arc Summary:
- Increases Infantry Health by 30%.
- Increases Cavalry Defense by 30%.
- Increases Archer Attack by 30%.
- Restores 50 rage.
- Increases both gathering rate and troop load by 25%.
- 10% chance to heal for 450 health points.
- Increases troops’ normal attack by 25%.
Why Joan of Arc is the Best Epic Commander?
- Master commander that excels at everything.
- Excellent supporting commander that gives buff to nearby allies.
- Fast rage generation.
- Great self-healing capabilities.
- Amazing at gathering resources while protecting herself against invaders.
One of our favorite epic commanders is Osman I. You can get him for free if you pick Ottoman as your starting civilization. Unlike other commanders in Rise of Kingdoms, Osman I excels at commanding more than 3 types of troops. Furthermore, he hits really hard with his active skill. Which makes him the perfect choice to deal with 1 to 1 battles. He is quite fast, strong and extremely adaptable. Plus, he can command 10% more troops, making him one of the leaders for biggest force on the battlefield.
Osman I Summary:
- Deals 1,100 damage with his active skill.
- Increases attack by 15% after attacking a city for more than 30 seconds.
- Deals 400 extra damage after using active skill on the next turn.
- Increases troop capacity by 10%.
Why Osman I is the Best Epic Commander?
- High damage commander.
- Great at destroying enemy cities.
- Amazing for PvP battles like Sunset Canyon & Ark of Osiris.
- Comes with extra troops to deal more damage.
- Does extra damage with his active skill every second turns.
We recommend Belisarius in our top 6 best epic commanders because he is just about the fastest commander in the game. Belisarius comes with an incredible mobility and awesome skill set, which makes him an ideal choice for farming KvK kills and hunting barbarians. While he doesn’t exactly have any strong attacks, you can rely on him for mobility to act as support for slower commanders.
- Hits target for a moderate mount of damage.
- Increases march speed by 30% after leaving the battle.
- Increases Cavalry Defense by 30% after leaving the battle.
- Reduces enemy attack and defense by 30% with active skill.
- Increases damage done to barbarians by 35%.
- When army strength is below 50%, increases all damage done by 30%.
Why Belisarius is the Best Epic Commander?
- Very fast commander, especially with cavalry troops.
- Excellent at killing barbarians.
- Pairs well with cavalry commanders who have nuking abilities.
- Debuffs enemy target, making them weak.
- Good rage generation.
Lastly, Hermann is a solid epic commander in Rise of Kingdoms. He is one of our preferred silencers. Hermann can easily disable even the most powerful nukers in the game like Mehmed II and Edward of Woodstock thanks to his silencing skill. He is able to buy time while his archers whittle down the invading forces. If you need some additional support, Hermann can also play the role as garrison commander to increase his overall defense. Hermann is a great epic commander both in your city and on the battlefield.
- Deals massive damage towards single target.
- Silences enemy target for 2 seconds.
- Reduces enemy target’s rage by 100 per active skill hit.
- Increases archer attack and march speed by 10%.
- Increases garrison and watchtower attack by 7%.
- Has 10% chance to generate extra 100 rage.
- Has 10% chance to deal 10% extra damage.
Why Hermann is the Best Epic Commander?
- Great for stopping nukers from using their active skills.
- Incredible fast rage generation.
- Hard hitter.
- Excellent defender.
- Good mobility.
Best Epic Commanders: Conclusion
That’s all Governors! I hope you find our top best epic commanders guide for beginners helpful and informative. If you have any questions about these epic commanders in Rise of Kingdoms, feel free to drop a comment below.
Lastly, if you want to have a smooth and optimal gaming experience. I recommend you to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC. It’s faster, smoother and gives you more flexibility to play your favorite game. You also can read my top reasons why I recommend players to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC.
Until then, happy ruling Governors and stay tuned for more Rise of Kingdoms news and updates at House of Kingdoms!