Welcome to our best Rise of Kingdoms equipment guide for all commanders in the game. If you are looking to gear up your commanders with equipment so that they can be stronger on the battlefield, then you have come to the right place.
In our best Rise of Kingdoms equipment guide, we are going to talk about gears and how to farm blueprints within a few days so that you are ready to roll. Ever since the Rise of Kingdoms 1.0.37 patch notes, equipment has become slightly easier to manage.
Prior to the update, players had to farm 7 different materials to craft equipment. After the 1.0.37 game update, players only have to farm 4 different materials. Crafting equipment is a lot easier than you think. Stick around with us to learn more about equipment in Rise of Kingdoms.
New Equipment Patch 1.0.37 Changes
In August 2020, Lilith Games rolled out a new game update which involved making improvements and changes to the Rise of Kingdoms equipment system.
- 3 Brand new legendary sets for rally leaders and whales.
- Multiple new Purple and Blue items, that’s super easy for free-to-players to obtain.
- 4 Equipment Material instead of 7, with bones placing greater emphasis for gathering and XP gears as well as selecting the right material for gears that you need.
- New equipment chest in the Tavern.
- A equipment key is worth 1,000 gems and unlocks tons of patterns in the game. It also has a small chance to give you some legendary blueprints.
- New bundles that unlocks sets and patterns when you craft items.
- New addition to the VIP Shop: Material Choice Chests and Unit Type Specific Equipment Chests for both epic and legendary items.
- Sunset Canyon rewards have been increased greatly to match the rewards from the Tavern.
- Equipment blueprints now have new sources to obtain via Tavern, VIP Chests, Ceroli Crisis, Osiris League, Ian’s Ballads, Lost Kingdom and more.
- Multiple new quests have been added to the questbook for crafting and dismantling which gives you a good source of equipment material.
- Several new accessories have been added to the Rise of Kingdoms equipment system. They come in blue, purple and orange quality and list Lost Kingdom as their source. Which indicates new rewards from Kingdom vs Kingdom battles.
Thoughts on Rise of Kingdoms Becoming more P2W
- While Rise of Kingdoms is one of the best Free-to-Play mobile games for players, the recent game patch seems to be favoring P2W players the most.
- It will definitely require long-term time investment to achieve these new equipment.
- These changes also empowers small and medium spenders by giving them access to farm new items and sets with big stats gain.
- New sources to get equipment materials such as VIP Shop and Tavern means you will only have to spend less time than previously.
Best Equipment for Commanders
If you are wondering what type of equipment you should focus on crafting for your commanders. We have assembled the best equipment set for infantry commanders, archer commanders, and cavalry commanders. Check them out to learn more.
Best Equipment for Infantry Commanders
|Windswept War Helm|
|The Scarlet Hounds|
|The Scarlet Hounds|
|Shield of Eternal Empire|
|Gold Helm of the Eternal Empire|
|Plate of the Eternal Empire|
|Vambrace of the Eternal Empire|
|Greaves of the Eternal Empire|
|Sturdy Boots of the Eternal Empire|
Best Equipment for Archer Commanders
|Dragon’s Breath Bow|
|Dragon’s Breath Helm|
|Dragon’s Breath Plate|
|Dragon’s Breath Vambraces|
|Dragon’s Breath Tassets|
|Dragon’s Breath Boots|
Best Equipment for Cavalry Commanders
|Expedition War Helm|
|The Scarlet Hounds|
|Heart of the Saint|
|Dark Lord’s Blessing|
Getting Started: The Blacksmith
To kickstart your first equipment item in Rise of Kingdoms, you need to build the Blacksmith. Once you complete the construction, a new quest will appear in your quest logs which says “Blacksmith Apprentice”.
If you do not see it in your quest log, make sure to reboot as sometimes it stays invisible.
Equipment Materials and Blueprints
Next, you need to forge equipment (or gears) in order to craft items for your commanders. Before you do so, you will have to farm materials and blueprints. Fortunately, there are only 4 types of materials in Rise of Kingdoms:
- Iron Ore
- Animal Bone
Both equipment materials and blueprints have 5 tiers in total just like commanders:
How to Get Equipment Materials
In this part I am going to teach you how to get more equipment materials in Rise of Kingdoms. They are actually pretty easy and straightforward. Here’s how to do that:
- Blacksmith: Focus on one type of item at a time. This will take 2 to 3 days to craft a green equipment set.
- Courier Station: This building sells materials at 50% discount. Always buy them if you have a max castle and decent commanders.
- Daily Quests: Complete your daily quests, very easy and fast.
- Hammer and Anvil Bundle: If you want to spend some of your money, this is the cheapest bundle as it lets you pick the materials that you want to get.
- Sunset Canyon Gifts: No matter you win or lose in Sunset Canyon, you will get several great material product speedups.
You can craft up to 10 equipment materials at a time with a queue of 5. The higher rarity item that you are crafting in the Blacksmith, the longer it takes to complete them. For reference, here’s how long it takes based on item’s rarity:
- Normal (10 per 3 hours)
- Advanced (10 per 12 hours)
- Elite (10 per 2 days)
- Epic (10 per 8 days)
- Legendary (10 per 32 days)
Rise of Kingdoms Notes for Beginners:
- The Blacksmith can only produce 10 materials at a time for free.
- Governors can queue up to 5 materials of any time.
- You can speed up the production of materials.
- After the materials are produced, you must claim them manually.
- Produced materials can be viewed from the Equipment page on the items menu at any given time.
How to Get Equipment Blueprints
In this part I am going to teach you how to get more equipment blueprints in Rise of Kingdoms. They are actually pretty easy and straightforward. Here’s how to do that:
- Complete Forging Side Quests.
- Treasure of Warrior from Sunset Canyon
- Gather drops from Stalkers and Dark Stalkers.
- Win Shadow Legion Invasion Prizes.
- Gather drops from Lohar rallies.
- Exchange item from the Osiris Shop.
- Defeat Voodoo Priest Pache in Karauk Ceremony Event.
- Reach top 100 ranking in Ancient Ruins, Altar of Darkness, and Crusade Eve, etc.
You can find items that you like by clicking on the blueprints.
Materials that you can get from the Forging Quest:
- 0-9 = Gray Tier (Blueprint + Material)
- 10-12 | 16 = Green tier (Blueprint + Material)
- 20 | 24 | 28 | 36 | 39 | 41 | 43 = blue tier (Blueprint)
- 45 | 50 = purple tier (Blueprint)
How to Combine Equipment Materials
In this part I am going to teach you how to combine equipment materials in Rise of Kingdoms. They are actually pretty easy and straightforward. Here’s how to do that:
- Materials have 5 tiers: Normal, Advanced, Elite, Epic and Legendary.
- Up to 4 identical materials of the same type and quality can be combined to craft higher-quality materials.
- The best material quality is legendary. The higher the material quality, the better items and gears that you can forge in the Blacksmith.
How to Make Blueprints
In this part I am going to teach you how to make equipment blueprints in Rise of Kingdoms. They are actually pretty easy and straightforward. Here’s how to do that:
- Up to 30 blueprint fragments can be combined to craft one complete blueprint.
- Only complete blueprints can be used to make equipment.
- Complete blueprints can be found on the item menu on the Equipment page.
- Each blueprint contains a specific piece of equipment that can be used to forge.
Equipment in Rise of Kingdoms are basically stats booster for your commanders. It works similar to your commanders’ talent trees and research upgrades. The equipment is actually a quick way to boost your overall commanders’ power level.
Once you complete the first quest, you should have enough material and blueprints to at least make your very first item.
Start off by making the equipment called “Sturdy Boots”. As you keep on making new equipment, you will complete several quests which will give you more blueprints for your crafts.
Each item has their own required equipment level in order for your commanders to wear them. Each equipment has their own unique attributes, so you will need to pick the best stats that fit your commanders.
Here’s two ways to make equipment:
- Keep forging and dismantling equipment (the quick way).
- Slowly make one at a time without dismantling (the slow way).
The dismantle method is the quickest way to advance quests for tons of materials. At first glance, it might seem a bit tricky. Eventually you will learn to understand why the Dismantle Method is the quickest way.
Basically you craft a normal tier equipment and dismantle it to get the material back. This is a quick way to advance the quest and to get tons of materials with each completion.
- 10+ equipment will give you green tier blueprints.
- 16+ equipment will give you blue tier blueprints.
- 45 + equipment will give you purple tier blueprints.
Note: The dismantle method is a risky way because sometimes you will get the used blueprints back. Lilith Games might add this to the game eventually but as of right now, if the blueprint is gone then it’s gone for good.
The forging method is a slow but safe way to advance quests. This is the preferred method by the majority of players in Rise of Kingdoms. Granted, you won’t get high tier blueprints anytime soon but if you play like a week or so, you will have at least 3 to 5 green tier equipment on a single commander.
I highly recommend you to focus one material at a time. You will be surprised by how fast you can gear your commanders with equipment in the beginning. Though, as you move towards blue and purple tier equipment, it will take quite some time.
- The Blacksmith can be used to produce equipment materials, combine blueprints and materials to forge equipment for your commanders. It also can be used to dismantle equipment.
- To forge a piece of equipment, you will have to spend a blueprint and a set of required materials as well as a small amount of gold.
- Material and gold requirement varies based on desired equipment type and quality.
- If you are missing something required for forging, simply tap on the missing blueprint or material to find out where you can get more.
- When all required materials, blueprints and gold are sufficient, forging will be successful.
- After forging a piece of equipment, it will become available on the equipment page on the item interface.
- Each time you forge equipment, there’s a small chance you will gain exclusive talent effects from one of the five talents (Infantry, Cavalry, Archer, Integration and Leadership).
- When you craft an equipment with exclusive talent effect, it will be worn by a commander who has that talent tree and have their attribute bonuses increased by 30%.
- Equipment that are worn by secondary commanders in battles will not trigger special effects.
Equipment’s Special Talent
As I mentioned briefly about equipment’s special talent previously, you will have a small chance to enhance the item even further. This will be triggered randomly. So, when this happens and you select a special talent for certain commanders to wear then their attributes will increase by 30%.
For instance, if an equipment gives +10% Infantry Attack bonus and has the special talent boost. Then the enhancement will give another 3% extra infantry attack, which brings the overall bonus to 13%. Please do note that the special talent only boosts the said equipment.
Therefore, make sure to select the right one for your commander. You can always click on the talents and check to see if you like. But if you don’t, then tap on the back button to explore other talents.
Several equipment have their own set which grants additional stat bonuses. Lilith Games is always expanding the equipment system in Rise of Kingdoms and there will be new equipment sets to craft.
So make sure to keep an eye as we continue to update our post regarding the set bonuses for your commanders.
Below are our equipment recommendations that you can start forging right away for you commanders. They are pretty much basic and easy to make. Most of them will take a week just to have at least 3 to 5 green tier equipment. Then from that point, it will take a bit of time to craft blue and purple tier equipment.
Equipment Guide Infographic
Rise of Kingdoms Equipment Guide: Conclusion
That’s all governors, I truly hope you found this guide informative and helpful. Creating the best Rise of Kingdoms equipment guide took some time to compile. Although, the subject of equipment is quite big and it’s possible that I have missed some things.
If you see something that should be added to this equipment guide, let me know so that I can add it and help out future Rise of Kingdoms players.
Reminder to all players, the common materials aren’t really that common in this game.
Lastly, if you want to have a smooth and optimal gaming experience. I recommend you to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC. It’s faster, smoother and gives you more flexibility to play your favorite game. You also can read my top reasons why I recommend players to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC.
Until then, happy ruling Governors and stay tuned for more Rise of Kingdoms news and updates at House of Kingdoms!