Welcome to our best Expedition tips for beginners guide. Are you looking for tips and tricks to maximize your progression in the Expedition mode? Then look no further; you have come to the right place.
The expedition is a game mode where players have to develop a strategy to defeat various armies to advance to higher stages.
Expedition mode is one of the popular events in Rise of Kingdoms and comes with a boatload of valuable rewards! Every day you collect valuable rewards to help you keep progressing throughout the game.
How Does Expedition Mode Works?
To launch Expedition in Rise of Kingdoms, navigate via Campaign, then tap on Expedition.
On the map, you will see various stages which you have to defeat to advance and unlock rewards. Each stage will give you a performance rating based on the requirements, and the more stars you have, the more rewards you will reap.
You can dispatch as many as you want to depend on the type of mission you are doing. Although, at the beginning of the game, you will be able to send upwards of 2 dispatches at most.
As you progress further, the number of dispatch availability expands to five. Therefore, I recommend training your troops as often as you can so that you can complete the Expedition missions.
After you complete the mission, you will get rewards at the end. Medal of the Conqueror is a currency that you can use to buy commanders’ sculptures and items in the Expedition Shop.
Lastly, Expedition Mode is separated from your normal game. It means you can use your commanders and troops that are farming resources, currently healing in the hospital or a dispatch.
Here’s rules on how Expedition Mode works:
- You can try all missions unlimited times, but you will get rewards from 1 / 2 stars missions once per day.
- Your daily rewards combine all the rewards from 3-star missions that you have completed.
- Expedition resets at 00:00 UTC every day.
- All buffs are activated.
- And lastly, your commanders don’t get any experience in Expedition Mode.
Why Should You Do Expedition Mode?
One of the biggest reasons why you should do Expedition Mode is rewards. The more stages you complete, the more rewards you get, and that turns into more sculptures that you can buy and level up your commanders.
Here’s a list of what you can buy with Medal of Conqueror:
- Aethelflaed: 1,500 MoC
- Epic Sculptures: 1,000 MoC (Buy a lot to get ton of rewards in KvK Past Glory Event)
- 1 Epic Sculpture = 5 Heroic Coins (HC)
- 100 HC = 1 Legendary Sculpture
- 40 HC = 1 Legendary Starlight
- 20 HC = 1 Golden Key
- 3 HC = 1 60 Minutes Speedup
- Other = Exchange for Arrows, Tomes, Sculptures and more.
- Elite Sculptures: 500 MoC
Best Expedition Tips for Beginners
Doing Expedition is straightforward; you will only have to defeat the armies and meet all the requirements to get three stars at the end of the mission.
Here’s some best Expedition tips on how you can take advantage of this game mode:
- Certain stages sometimes have a requirement where you can’t lose more than 50% of your total troops. To counter this, throw in a commander with many T1 siege units and leave them on the side while your main force fights the battle.
- Always send in your tanky forces first. Richard I, Sun Tzu, Yi Seong-Gye, and Ramesses II are amazing at dishing out heavy damage while withstanding blows.
- After 60 stages, the timer is disabled. So, take your time and make sure to carve out your enemy one by one.
- Use Army Expansion and Enhanced Attack buffs.
- Have at least some Attack / Defense Runes to spare.
- Scout a random city to get Frenzy Buff (+3% attack bonus).
- The best way to use your Medal of Conqueror in buying order: Legendary Sculptures → Legendary Starlights → Aethelflaed → Epic Sculptures.
- Always preview your Expedition mission to get an overview of what to expect, assign your dispatches, and use the marks.
In Expedition Mode, there’s a shop called the Medal Store or Expedition Store. As you can see, there’s plenty of valuable items that you can buy using your Medal of the Conqueror.
Every time you buy an item, it will go out of stock. You can refresh the shop for free the first time. The second refresh will cost you 100 gems. However, the refresh timer resets at 00:00 UTC.
Every week there’s a featured commander called “Commander of the Week,” and you can buy that commander sculptures with no limit, which is impressive if you are focusing on upgrading a specific commander.
Conclusion of Best Expedition Mode Tips for Beginners
As we conclude, doing the Expedition Mode is pretty easy once you take advantage of these simple tips to progress. Remember to focus on leveling up one commander at a time.
It is the easiest way to gain power fast and makes everything a lot easier. Because when you are progressing in the Expedition Mode, each higher stage will become a difficulty. If you spread out your commanders, you will struggle at high-level stages.
I hope you found our Expedition Tips for Beginners guide helpful and informative. If you have any questions or suggestions to make for this guide, let us know by commenting in the comment section below.
Happy ruling, Governors!